8 intriguing digital marketing stats and facts
Digital is now the first touch point for a customer, a medium that provides consumers greater visibility and control over what they want to see based on what is of interest to them and what is not. An average customer spends more time online today than on TV and all other media combined. This makes digital marketing critical to realizing the true potential of real-time connectivity with customers. Businesses understand this-digital marketing budgets increased by double digit percentages in 2017.
Here are eight attention grabbing digital marketing statistics:
Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is key to getting more traffic to the website. Here’s why - 93% of online experiences begin with the search engine. Integrating organic SEO and PPC campaigns can increase the number of clicks by up to 25% which, in turn, can increase your profits by up to 27%.
- 71% of B2B researchers start their research with a generic search. B2B researcher’s use search as their primary source for research and conduct 12 searches on average before engaging on a specific brand's site.
- B2B marketers, on an average, allocate 28% of their total marketing budget to content marketing.
- Companies that published 16+ blog posts per month got almost 3.5 times more traffic than companies that published zero to four monthly posts.
- One in four consumers loses interest in a company promoted advertisement if it doesn’t have any video content. This trend is gaining rapid ground - more than 7 billion videos are watched every day on Facebook and YouTube.
- 80 % of millennials evaluate video content when researching a purchase decision.
- Of 93% of marketers using Facebook for their business, almost 91% are using Facebook ads.
- Social media is especially popular amongst young adults - today 86% of people aged 18-29 are social media users.